Sunday, January 25, 2009

Trying to stand up

Ada has now reached the stage where crawling (or really honing her crawling skills) is no longer a necessity to her. Standing is where it's at, and crawling just doesn't do it for her. However, she is not walking unless someone has got her -she holds onto our hands-but she sure likes to try to right herself. We have found her in her bed many times standing up and looking around or talking until someone comes to get her. She is just moving right along, and although this is so much fun, we wish she would take more time to really better learn to crawl. She has figured out how to unplug certain things, like the tv and our cell phones, but does not yet try to stick her fingers in the socket, so we are still not completely babyproofed yet!In my student teaching, I am now also teaching handwriting as well as math, and as most of the students are very quick, I am still learning to balance the faster learners with the slower ones...I guess that I will just have to learn through doing. Drexel has decided that I am allowed to stay in the classroom while my teacher is out having surgery/recouping, which is a huge relief. And Josh is being just as great as ever and has accepted a calling to be Sunday School Secretary even though he gets home on Sunday mornings around 7-8 am and church now starts at 9...so he is just a trooper. So enjoy the pics and new movie or just us having fun!
Here she is standing up in her crib; she gave me quite a start!
Her favorite new toys...our shoes!

Playing on the floor



This is the first time I saw her, but this time she was only on her knees. Check out the new video of her standing up on her own.



2 comments:

Tuthill Family said...

You're in for a real treat - take it from me, baby-proofing is a blast... and no house is every completely baby proof! :)

Anonymous said...

AWWW YAY! I love the pics, she is getting to be so big so fast!