Sunday, January 18, 2009

No pics yet, but some info

Haven't really been taking many pictures lately, so sorry all you avid blog readers of ours...but I will try to rectify the situation. The past little while has been rather hectic: starting my student teaching, Josh starting his new semester, coordinating with our friend who watches Ada during the day, doing homework/classwork (2 hrs a night-silly me for taking 7.5 masters credits my last quarter!!) and just being a family. I found out my CT (cooperating teacher) has a hernia so she will be out for 2 weeks having and recovering from surgery, so she will need a sub. However, as the sub will most likely not be a certified teacher, Drexel may want me to move into a different classroom...so everyone pray that this will come to a good and non-switching rooms end!
Josh has been hiking it to school (and most of the time back as well) everyday, but-knock on wood-this winter hasn't turned ugly yet, unless you count in the 30's during the day w/o windchill and below 0 everynight pretty). I feel terrible but he won't hear of me walking so it is an impasse. Ada is so close to crawling it's insane!! She might get a knee or hand moving forward, but then can't get them to keep moving in sync so she flops down on her belly and army crawls it to whoever or whatever she seeks. No teeth yet, but she has picked up a liking for shoes so my dad joked that she is like a little puppy who is cutting her teeth...but at least no shedding or accidents in the house.
We have no pics yet, but we do have a video so enjoy Ada rocking while I try to take some pics!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny! She is so cute. I knew she would be rocking soon, just like her AC/DC mama! I feel so bad for Josh walking to and from work. He is such an amazing guy, Shelby. I think you got a winner. Go Jolby!

Love y'all, Mama

Tuthill Family said...

Love the video - that is too cute! You guys are such a great little family. Josh definitly has the stubborn McLaughlin gene... although I myself was lucky enough not to inherit that one... ;)

SydneyMin said...

Cute video, Shelby :) Ada really is going to be crawling soon! You are amazing with all the things you are doing - all being pregnant! Would Drexel let you stay in the classroom if you could miraculously become the official substitute for those 2 weeks? Sometimes I have seen that happen at our school. It would also depend how strict the district's requirements for subs were, too. So many times student teachers are actually MORE qualified than the subs they pull in from the community... Just a thought. Good luck!