Saturday, November 1, 2008

Wow! What a week!!

Well, if I said last week wasn't busy, then this week sure made up for it! This week, Ada has discovered her toes and loves to constantly try to get at them. She is a lot more grabby and tries to get everything within reach of her hands or feet. We went to eat this week at Subway, and now that she is a "supported sitter" I can hold her with one hand and let her hit her hands on the table and keep herself otherwise occupied; but not any more. She almost knocked the cup out of my hands, causing me to spray her with some soda, and she grabbed the subway paper that my snadwich was sitting on, almost bringing it into my lap. She loves to grab my hair, earrings (which I know only wear studs after a particulary bad earring yanking session), necklaces or clothes. So watch out for those hands! See the video for this too!
Then there was Halloween. Our Ward didn't want to have a trunk-or-treat, so they decided to have a dance instead, without arranging for anyone to watch the children some of us happen to have; so we dressed Ada up and all went together. The dance started off with some of the most attrocious music ever, like the Adams' Family theme without any sound, and Thriller, which no one knew any part of that dance but me so it made it a bit awkward. So we left soon thereafter, but I have to admit, our costumes were inventive and cute. Ada was a monkey, and it was the cutest outfit I have seen her in; Josh was Clark Kent halfway busting out of his suit with his Superman shirt underneath (so it was Clark Kent without a phone booth), and I was Rosie the Rivetter. One of the other pictures is of Devin and her boyfriend Leo, who were kind enough to babysit Ada when both Josh and I had to work on the 31st. They even took her to a Halloween party! We also started Ada on rice cereal mixed with a trace amount of apples. She will usually sleep from 9-6 or 7, which makes it easier on me as I stay up at night doing homework while she is alseep! So watch the video of her 1st feeding; it's hilarious! On Saturday, it was a joint party (for those of you who know how much Josh loves his birthday-he was glad to share it with Ada) as Josh is now 25 and Ada is 4 mos. Josh got an RA Salvatore book he desperately wanted, magic card protectors, the Bourne Supremacy movie, 3 new ties, magic card box and wonderful cards and money, which we used to go out to eat! So he wants to say thank you again to everyone for making his birthday a lot of fun (no really, he enjoyed this one!). I also tried my hand and used fondant to cover his cake to make it a Magic Card cake, but I think I really need more practice; but at least it looked ok and tasted good too-although the fondant was a mite too thick! Anyway, enjoy the pictures!

Catching her feet

A joint party, but only Josh got presents Blowing out the candles. Doesn't Ada look apprehensive about being that close to the candles?

The Magic Card Cake
Rosie the Riveter
Devin, Leo and the Monkey (Ada)

Our 1st Family Halloween Smiling Ada playing with Dad Being like a true monkey and playing in the leaves
More eating of leaves

4 comments:

Stinson Family said...

I want to wish you a happy birthday! And you all look great in your halloween costumes. And thank you for Abby's birthday gift.

Loyfamily said...

Aunt Carol & Uncle Gary want to wish Joshua a belated Happy Birthday. Also love the Halloween costumes. The pictures of Ada are all so cute. Love,

Tuthill Family said...

That monkey costume is way too cute! Ada is asolutely adorable! In case Josh didn't get my phone message, I want to acknowlege how much of a slacker I am for not getting his card there on time. I'm putting it in the mail today. Oh and I LOVE all the videos!

Anonymous said...

Too Cute!! Did Josh get my card? I think I may have sent it with no postage!! I guess only time will tell if I get it back..