Monday, October 11, 2010

It's Autumntime

We recently have been gearing up for autumn and recently went to the pumpkin patch which is cool as it is the same one I went to every year as a kid. For a farm it's pretty funny as it hasn't changed much over the years! I did not bring my camera to go pumpkin patching but my mom did so you will all just have to sit tight until I can get them from her camera.

Adorable
RJs' cheese face


Autumn is all around the town

So happy!!



She is staring at the stem; that's why she looks crossed eyed.

RJs' pumpkin (kinda). He found this one in the patch but after he saw a bigger one, he wanted to upgrade but did not want to give up his first pumpkin. Luckily it was only 75 cents...

Our decorated pumpkins. We have a LOT of critters around these parts so besides using what Wal-Mart calls pumpkin push-ins, I also sprayed the outsides with dog bitter apple spray...and they have survived thus far (knock on wood)


A better look. Adas' is the one on the left and RJ's on the left

Prepping for Halloween. I guess my kids aren't really scared easily. They didn't mind me in this at all. But Ada still screams everytime the Beast (Beauty and the Beast) shows up and run into someones' arms.


RJ wanted to try it on

Yep, RJ got inked...by a McDonalds' temporary tat. He is just too dang skinny!!

It's been getting chilly here lately and when the kids started shivering in the mornings with socks on, I went to check Old Navy to see if they had their slipper boots in yet. Low and behold they did. They LOVE these; Ada will wear them to bed and keep them on even if she starts sweating...ok so this may be a tad unhealthy...

And as promised...my new "Do." To be honest, this pic doesn't do it justice but I haven't had a better one taken yet so this will have to suffice until perhaps you see it in person. And I love these new glasses we got RJ when we went to get the slipper boots from Old Navy. We were in the checkout line, they were in a discount bin and I thought they looked kind of like a pair Hancock would wear so I put them on fully expecting he would hate them or something. I was wrong, he screamed when I tried to take them away, and he looked so darn cute so I asked how much they were when we were checking out and they were cheap so the rest is history.
And to those on the McLaughlin side who we will be seeing soon, we are so excited! Can't believe Aaron is coming home. In some ways it does seem like it's been two years, but in a lot of other ways, where did the time go?

3 comments:

SydneyMin said...

So cute!! Love those glasses on Rourke. and I am pretty sure I already told you I love your new 'do :)

Stinson Family said...

Fall is my favorite time of year. The pictures are great! Love the pumpkins!

Tuthill Family said...

Love all the pics! The kids are just so cute! I can't get enough! Love the new look and I can't wait to see it in person! You're pumpkins look really fun. We may decide to copy you this year. Cameron got cut while carving a pumpkin with Jon in preschool. Yeah - lots of blood... good times. (Jon's fault.) Anyway... we CAN'T WAIT for the cousins to get to play together! 1 more week!