Thursday, July 15, 2010

Green Smoothies


Hello All!


Still no big news yet but we do have some small stuff: green smoothies! Just tried them today and they are great and the kids loved it! Here's the recipe I got from a friend.


2-3 cups spinach (I used fresh but I am sure you could use frozen too)

1/2 to 1 cup apple juice

1-2 bananas

1 cup fresh or frozen berries (if you use fresh you will need to add ice)


Add the spinach and apple juice to the blender and blend until...well, well blended! Then add the rest and puree until you get the desired consistency. I plan on playing around a little with the ingredients, like maybe adding yogurt but try it and see how you (and your kids if you have them) like it!!


Enjoy!!

1 comment:

SydneyMin said...

Oh no! Bethany got to you, too :) lol She has been making these for us at my mom's and I have to admit, they do start the day off right! What will I do when we're back home and I have to make my own??