Thursday, March 19, 2009

St Patricks' Day

Out here you don't find too many Irish, and so I was explaining to my students about St. Patricks' Day and the food/celebrations etc, and they all stopped short when I said Irish potatoes. In potatoland, the word potato does not make anyone excited, so many people were curious why I was. I explained what they were, thinking that would make at least a few people say, "Oh yeah! I've had those before." But alas...nothing. So I had to make some for everyone. Most of the students liked them, if I could get to them to say to take small bites as many just shoved it all into their mouths and then were coughing up cinnamon that is. Other than that, we had a green feast of Salad, Martinellis' dyed green, green Jell-o with marshmallows and the leftover irish potato candy. I am nearing the last week of my placement and of course I will be so sad to go, but also leaping for joy next Friday. This semester has been hard on all of us; Josh has not been able to get the study time he needs (but not really wants when Ada is all smiles for her Daddy). Ada has taken a large step forward: She has learned to stand on her own. No, she has long ago surpassed the pulling herself up to stand alone phase; now she is fully in the realm of standing up from the floor to a standing position by herself. She now and again will let go of something and take a few hesitant steps forward...and then fall or lower herself to the ground (crawling being much faster). So take a look at what we have been up to and don't forget the new video of Ada (climbing up from the floor unaided to get to Daddy). Enjoy!
Look! No hands!
Our Green Feast. Can you tell why I love this holiday?

A Holiday Toast

A Bubble Tiara
Awwww, she just adores her Daddy!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oooohhh I love the drinks!!! I love the holiday as well! Those pictures are too cute!

SydneyMin said...

Fun update, Shelby! Ada is such a happy girl :) Congrats on the end of student teaching! Yea!!

Spencer, Kami, James and Madelynn said...

First and foremost - your daughter is such a doll - I loved watching the video of her standing up, and how proud she is of herself!!

I love the green drinks - hmm...can't think of why you love this holiday....haha :)

I also love Josh's shirt - oh my - where did you find that??

Congrats on finishing up with student teaching - you and Josh are amazing with how much you are accomplishing together, not to mention with Ada, and another little one on the way! You are my hero satan's panties!!

haha :) Love ya!

Tuthill Family said...

I'm totally digging the bubble tiara! What fun shots! The video is too cute! She is such a happy baby! (Probably because she has such great parents!) ;)