Sunday, February 22, 2009

Peas

This week has been interesting; we both had off from school on Monday, and Devin and Leo watched Ada so we could have our belated Valentines' Day. We went to see the movie Taken, and let me tell you that while it was a great movie, having a child myself and being pregnant, it was all I could do at some points to not break down and cry hysterically (which I did later last week as I stayed up late to watch Sophies' Choice and ended up crying hysterically for the longest time and fiercely trying to resist the urge to run into Adas' room at 12am to hug her, so don't watch that movie pregnant!)
Then when we started school, I discovered that almost 1/2 of the school was out on Tuesday for Strep/flu/bad head colds; there were a lot of students gone all week long and it happened all over town which made getting medicine hard (and there is only so many kinds of medicine I can take!). Blessedly, again Ada has not gotten sick even though Josh and I are still feeling stuffed up, tired and achy! Ada is also becoming more and more adventurous, and almost standing up from sitting all by herself! It is so great to watch her struggle and strain to stand up without touching the ground, us, or anything else! She can stand up know for a few seconds before we can't count anymore as she reaches and grabs us or she falls back down. So hopefully, we are thinking she will more than likely be walking before the next baby comes (which I have already felt move!!!).
So look at the pictures we have (most are from the hilarious feeding where we discovered that Ada still hates peas and cringed and screwed up her face so much every time she found some in her food!) and enjoy the new video!

Taking a bath

She is adorable!

Here not so much, but hilarious and cute!



Yep, Daddy, I still hate these!

3 comments:

SydneyMin said...

What a fun update! The video is amazing. How did she keep chewing like that without squishing the peas! Ada is so cute :) Hope you guys feel better soon!

Tuthill Family said...

I love the faces and I have to say I can't blame her. Smushed up peas aren't the most appetizing! Are you really sure you want her walking before the next one gets here? Once they start it's not long before they're at a dead run and into everything! How's the baby-proofing going? ;)

Anonymous said...

She is soo cute! I hate peas too, she's not alone!!