Saturday, May 2, 2009

No more school and 10 mos

It feels so good to finally be finished with school (although I have one more test to take-which has to do with my teaching certificate and not my degree). I just want to say thank you to my husband, who 6 months into our marriage, was completely okay with me going back to school in a completely different field! It has been exactly 2 years since then, and now that I am finished, my hindsight is kicking in. Not to say that I am sorry for getting my M.S. but more that I can now more clearly look back and see the work and strain it has put on more than just myself (however, I may feel a little sorry when the student loans come due without a job, but Josh, who is more often than not a bit of a pessimist, states he will never be sorry I got my masters). To be finished, and to be able to be just a mom is great, albeit sometimes a little crazy just in that with this awful weather getting outside can prove highly difficult.

I was away with Ada in Philly when my degree was delivered, and Josh was great enough to call me just to say that it came and that he would get it in a suitable frame as soon as possible. He also thought it was a little disconcerting that I have my undergraduate and graduate degrees on the wall before he even has one (but to be fair, I got my undergraduate degree before I even met Josh). Someone during my student teaching said that maybe I would want to go for my doctorate, but to be emphatically frank, no thanks!! Maybe if I were planning to support the family with my career path, but as I am now turning over the reigns to my loving and much more hardworking husband, that would be a bit overboard.

Other than that, Ada and I are at home most of the day while I try to get her to eat new foods. She has eaten avocado, baby meatballs, chicken and plain organic yogurt (thanks mom). She is not too fond of the avocado, but in small pieces and followed quickly by cheese, I have managed to get her to eat it. The meatballs worked well at first, so I gave them to her alone (without her cheese chasers) but then she decided to spit them out or grind them in her fingers! It's hard not to laugh at some of the faces she makes, especially when she all of the sudden decides she doesn't want the item in her mouth anymore! She makes big messes sometimes, but it's always funny to turn around and see what she has managed to do in such a short period of time (you know, that I just turned my back for a second phrase?). So check out the few pictures and the video of her walking (she's really quick now so we had her walk the distance twice!).

walking around
wearing Daddys' new Red Sox hat


1 comment:

Tuthill Family said...

WOW - I can't believe that she is walking so well already! What a cutie!