Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Celebrations all around

When I was little, my mom always did these really creative and fun things like actually celebrating cinco de mayo and any and all other holidays (which may have prompted my youngest sister to one day ask my mom when she was very young why we never have any mint picnics?) So we did a cinco de mayo themed dinner (see pics below) and it was a lot of fun and really good! We also are blessed enough to have free babysitting as my sister Devin and her husband Leo live in town with us and love to watch Ada for us; so we went out last Tues to see X-Men Origins and we are hoping to see Star Trek this week (Josh is a trekie-whilst I have never gotten into it as I am a die hard Star Wars fan and the two are well known enemies even though we have managed to make it work). Mothers' Day was great as Josh kept alluding to the fact that he was getting me something really big when all I told him I wanted was flowers and a card! Apparently he couldn't wait and set up my present after he bought it when he came home from work, around 5 am and then proceeded to wake me up at 6 to see it. I was not expecting it, but he was so excited. He bought me/us/our family a Wii. It has been a lot of fun as I have long since told him that if we were to get a game system for our family, this would be it, as it encourages fine and gross motor skills plus ensures that you get up and move around. They even have games for kids as little as 3 yrs old! It will be so great when Ada can finally play with us. But Josh couldn't leave my present at just that as I didn't get it on Mothers' Day, so he also bought a huge and very loud (but sweet) singing card and a DVD on our list (yes, we have a list of DVD's we are trying to get). So enjoy the pics (and the new video of Ada brushing her teeth with a toothbrush!).
Ada and her Daddy
I found out a way to make Churros with crescent rolls!

Pretty cool right? I found non alcoholic sangrias!


And these I am very proud of...I found a way to make the taco bowls in the oven rather than deep frying them!




4 comments:

Spencer, Kami, James and Madelynn said...

Sounds like a blast!! We love our Wii - I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!!

Stinson Family said...

You guys are really busy and having a lot of fun! The food looks great. And it is always nice to find free babysitting :)

Unknown said...

Shelby, Sangrias is awesome. I grew up on it since my dad served his mission in Mexico City. I'm sure it was a nice treat.

Tuthill Family said...

Wow a Wii! Somebody's spoiled! I've heard that they're a lot of fun. Speaking of fun - way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! I think you guys just have too much fun out there in ID.