Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Naked Truth

This week we have been feeding Ada food (obviously), but no store bought food for our child, no way. We have decided that we will feed her homemade baby food, which is rather easy to make provided you have some sort of steaming basket/apparatus, and then we freeze them in ice cube trays and keep them in the freezer until we need them. She seems to like anything we have given her so far (pears, apples, sweet potatoes and yams) except for peas. She HATES peas apparently! I have tricked her the past few days as I have added some peas to her sweet potatoes, but tonight I added a little more, and I could barely get her to eat it! Other than that, she has been teething some more and thus needing me more, and she now has this really cute habit of putting fingers from both of her hands into her mouth, as one hand of fingers was not going to cut it. She has also learned to scoot backwards, which was weird as I was making dinner and looked over every so often at her, and then noticed she had moved...but backwards. Then I caught her doing it and it was so cute. She even caught me looking at her and then gave me one of her priceless smiles! She also now does this cute thing with one of her socks: (her favorite toys and I don't care if she drools all over them) if we put one horizontally across her eyes, she won't reach up and get it; she will just laugh and squirm until it falls off and then she will laugh hysterically at us. So take a look and enjoy the pictures!
Do you think she is really teething yet?
She loves her daddy
The sock-over-the-eyes game...classic
talking for the camera
Well, most of the food made it into my mouth
I love it when Dad feeds me; he feeds me faster than Mama does!

4 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Too cute! We're going to do the home made baby food thing too. :) We have an organic market just in front of our apartment complex, and since I don't want the Chinese pesticides going into my baby, we'll be paying the inflated price for organics. And heck, who knows what the Chinese fruits and veggies are laced with since the vaccinations contain anti-freeze (we get to pay a ridiculously high price to import those), and the formula and eggs contain melamine! Britt and I are pretty homesick, and will hopefully be able to come home next July or August for a visit! I never thought I'd have to worry about US immigration in getting a tourist visa for one of my children so they could come home to see grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins!

Anonymous said...

She is really just too cute!! Can't wait to see you guys!

Tuthill Family said...

Good for you with the home-made baby food! It really is the best option. Cameron would never eat the jar baby food anyway. We bought the organic ones and he would only eat the sweet potatoes. Ada is really adorable - we love all the pictures! Keep 'em coming!

Whitings said...

Oh my gosh Shelby, Ada is beautiful!