Monday, December 20, 2010

It's snowing inside!!

We have been as festive as possible this year and last night we started making it "snow" in the house. We found some really great online snowflake templates and these are just some of the ones we made last night. But my mom wants the whole downstairs to be covered in falling "snow" so we may need to make a LOT more!! Good thing they're so cheap!



Can you tell what they are? That's right, Snowmen holding hands! How awesome?!


Snow is falling all around...



Just finished this one for my niece. Hope she likes it as I think it's awesome!

Letters to Santa. This year we actually made out our letters to Santa and we found out that if you deliver them into a special mailbox in Macys' they will donate money for every letter delivered there. Hope you can see what RJ wrote; tried to play around with the picture and fix it but this is as good as it gets without photoshop! He asked for cars and a Buzz Lightyear.


This is Adas' letter. She didn't like me helping her write it as she has to do everything herself, but we got through it. Isn't it humbling? All she keeps asking for is chapstick and a toy (although after going to Ashers' chocolate store up near Harleysville, she has now added chocolate pretzels!)

She has been wanting a tutu for months! But I couldn't quite justify spending $10 on one but when we just recently stopped in to Old Navy she brought me this one. I hate/love the face she makes when she wants something, and so I looked at the tag: $14.50??! No way! So I told her we couldn't get it and she needed to put it back and instead of melting down or crying, she sadly said, "Ok Mama." She put it back and as I was passing them by, I noticed some had discounted tags on them. I looked at the other side of the tag of the tutu Ada gave me and it was $4!! She was so happy to get one I had a hard time keeping her from wearing it over her jeans. This past Sunday, she INSISTED on wearing it and even though it was the Sunday before Christmas, I let her. She wore it all day long.

Ok so Skye can knit just about anything you can imagine and this is what she has made for my nephew Bobby. We tried it on RJ to see how it fit him to make sure she had made it the right side (approximately anyway, RJ is much skinnier than anyone in our family, even though Bobby is almost 4 months younger than he is!) He wouldn't take it off after that; we had to wait a while before coming up with a viable excuse to him to take it off.



making more cookies. Josh has been asking me to make him these for a few weeks now.

playing with the trash. What is it with kids and boxes?!

At the Please Touch Museum. RJ loves: goats/sheep, cows, dogs and geese. So when he saw the goat on the carousel, he just about lost it!

And Miss Ada had to be on the cat


He Moo-ed at this cow for a few minutes as it was Moo-ing back!

See? Told you!


Going down the Rabbit Hole. The bottom floor is mostly themed for Alice and Wonderland.



Playing in the water

He had to have a duck!


Meemaws' birthday party! She wanted a Carmel Pear Cake for her birthday and I think it turned out really well!

He LOVES pizza!
Everyone loves an Ada kiss


Loving the decor. Sorry Skye but this pic was too awesome not to post!




She was surprised as her birthday was on Dec 12th and this party happened on the Thursday before as Will and Skye wanted to be there.

A bunch of friends over for cookie decorating/making. With so many kids and moms (we tend to talk a lot) we barely made any cookies! This picture is so funny! Ada and RJ wanted to see the cookies in the oven so they brought chairs over. Suddenly, every kid had the same idea and they were all anxiously awaiting the cookies!!

Two weeks ago, I was in charge of the treat so I made this! It's double layered too!

3 comments:

SydneyMin said...

Great pics! Ada was telling me about her tutu on Sunday in the oh, about 1 minute that I talked with her - it was the talk of the day! So cute :)

Stinson Family said...

Love all the pictures! You did a great job on the blocks. I think I may borrow your idea and have Abby and I make it snow inside. Your snowflakes came out awesome. I am learning how to make tutu's, I will send one your way when I figure it out :)

Tuthill Family said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
Lexi and Cameron both LOVED their block names!